In order to continue filling the backpack
‘Saragossa Place to Place’ is the itinerary that José Antonio Labordeta left writing us and that offers to us as springboard to know and to live the city. But there are other places in Saragossa by which he took a walk with his friendly and their family. Some, near the places by which we have journeyed, others, after the city that grows “breaking by the south the Roman walls, covering the Huerva river and moving until mounts of Torrero…”.
One of those places is the Santa Marta place at which we would arrive taking the street Refuge from San Jorge, to enter her by the street of Diego Dormer. It is this place of encounter where we will be able to rest. Leaving by the same street we will happen under the shade of the palace of Real Maestranza de Caballería until the Pabostría street, that will lead us by the back of the SEO of El Salvador, or the SEO, up to one of the most beautiful corners of Saragossa, the Arc of the Dean, who serves as entrance to the Place of San Bruno. We will border the SEO by the street of the Tomb until arriving at the Place of the SEO, where the main facade of the SEO is located. The don Jaime street separates this place of the one of the Pillar where they wait for the building to us of the Market, the City council and the Basilica of the Pillar, and more to the bottom, the church of San Juan of the Panetes. After them the Ebro river. To cross the Stone Bridge, oldest of those than they cross a river, allows us to have a perspective different from the city.
Another Saragossa is the one that reasons outside the limits that marked the old walls. A new city, modern and contemporary. From the Central Market (Route 6) we will take the avenue from Cesar Augusto who will lead us until the Door of the Carmen, the only front door to the city that has been still on. Near her the Coffee the East, serves to us as rest from 1895. We will follow the Stroll of Pamplona to arrive until Place of Paradise where the old Medicine Faculty rises, present Paraninfo of the University of Saragossa. Here several of the most important routes of the city come together. The Stroll of Independence takes to us towards the Place of Spain, where we will be able to connect previously with some of the propose routes. In opposite direction, we went by Gran Via made the university campus to arrive, accompanied by the shade of bananas, at the end of the route, the Great Park, that “beautiful arboreal mass” that from 2010 it takes the name of José Antonio Labordeta.
Arc of the Dean
Constructed in the s. XIII to communicate the SEO with the House of the Dean. The viewpoint, with large windows of Mudejar gothic tracery, is from the reform of the s. XIV.
SEO of El Salvador or the SEO
One of the two SEOs of Saragossa, along with the Pillar. It was constructed in the s. XII on the Greater Mosque. In her we found elements of Romanesque, gothic, Mudejar, Renaissance and the baroque one.
Building constructed in 1893 as headquarters of the Faculties of Medicine and Sciences. Exponent of the Aragonese architecture of the s. XIX. At present it lodges the Paraninfo and university Biblioteca and the Museum of Natural Sciences.
José Antonio Labordeta park
It was inaugurated in 1929. It is known popularly as Great Park, being the green zone more important of the city. It takes the name of José Antonio Labordeta from his death in 2010.